N.E.I.G.H.B.O.U.R.S. is the acronym for Normalized Entry Into Generic Housing Based on Unique Required Supports. Through this program 24 hours support is provided to clients in order to live in their own home with a roommate. Activities which lead to independent living are emphasized and developed. Supports are based upon the person's wants and needs, with the goal of independence while being safe in the community.
Through our Supported Independent Living (SIL) program clients live in a home or apartment of their choice without overnight support and receive support based on their needs. Support is offered for all aspects of living independently and can range from a few hours a week to daily support.
Supports in N.E.I.G.H.B.O.U.R.S and SIL can include:
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Home and yard maintenance
- Medication and medical appointment support
- Bill paying and budgeting
- Neighbour and neighbourhood awareness
- Socialization and community participation
- Personal care and hygiene
- Community Support